IDEX Regional Sales Manager – Western USA in Mansfield, Ohio
Title: Regional Sales Manager Western USA
Business Unit: Warren Rupp
800 North Main St.
Mansfield, Ohio, 44901-1568
Summary: The RegionalSales Manager is responsible to meet growth objectives and exceed annual sales year over year within their territory. This is accomplished by effective interactions with all levels of their assigned distributors & with end user customers, as well as by working internally across Warren Rupp functional organizations. Their responsibility includes coordination of all regional sales functions including meeting orders goals, establishing distribution programs/metrics, assessing and adjusting the distributor relationships to align our channel with specific business or market needs and effective use of business planning tools, relationship building skills and growth deployment processes.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
Meets or exceeds territory sales revenue forecast as established by the RSM, and Business Unit management . Work closely with their distributor partners to establish annual goals and to drive accountability to these commitments. This involves establishing regular routine of quarterly business reviews and monitoring/supporting new business opportunities closely, as well as regularly visiting key distribution customers with the distributor salespeople.
Capture detailed information within the CRM on take share and other New Business Opportunities. Profile opportunities with depth to allow marketing, product & sales leadership to extract critical differentiations of WRI portfolio in the market
Develop and execute on channel expansion to broaden market, customer and geographic coverage for WRI pumping products across their region. Channel expansion strategy should be aligned to the most critical regional opportunities.
* *Make joint sales calls with distributor sales or service personnel and builds relationships with key customers in the territory. Communicate call results & actions across distributor and Warren Rupp organizations as appropriate.
* *Build relationships with distributor personnel across their organization from Senior Leadership to Field Salesperson
* *Ensures that Warren Rupp gets adequate share of distributor’s time and resources to sell and promote our products and services. Develop core positioning at each distributor and produce profit and market share goals in the business plans.
* *Manage “project” activity in the assigned territory, including product offering, recommended pricing levels, and establish sales strategy while following company policies and objectives. Responsible to create, approve and track special discounting, resellers and OEM activities.
* *Manage penetration of engineering and headquarters for Strategic Accounts, OEM’s, System Build opportunities, and contractors. Coordinate with other company resources to secure orders.
* *Develop and implement strategies for displacement of competition at new and existing targeted accounts with the goal of increased market share and penetration. Targeted accounts to be identified in Annual Business plan and progress documented within CRM.
Coordinate price proposals for standard & non-standard products with the factory engineering and finance organizations. Share regional market pricing with factory organization to enable developing more effective pricing processes.
Facilitate provision of annual and monthly revenue forecasts for each distributor partner
Work with channel partners to establish stock at appropriate levels to support the market & customer expectations.
Support the execution of new product launch programs through their regional channel partners
Facilitate required training to distributor personnel on products/applications, competition, commercial issues, andthe features and benefits of Warren Rupp products and how / where to sell them.
* *Manage territory disputes, discount splits, etc. within the boundaries of the distributor agreement.
* *Provide the company with new product and service ideas, market trends, territory market data , sales growth strategies, and competitive intelligence. Participate on New Product Development, marketing, and sales teams as required.
* *Network effectively across the market & the distributor to assess the distributor’s ability to service the territory
- Implementation of e-business initiatives with designated channel partners as developed.
§ Participates in factory training
§ Collects data for predetermined metrics to support cross functional business needs
§ All other duties as assigned.
§ Meet and exceed sales targets
§ Develop and review OEM and Distribution Mutual Action Plans
§ Manage reporting and Expense Process
§ Contract negotiation and management
§ Drive for results
§ Conflict management
§ Strategic Agility
§ Functional / Technical Skills
§ Customer Focus
§ Relationship Building
§ Business Acumen
§ Written Communications
Process Owner’s Minimum Requirements:
§ Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering, or Industrial Technology and/or a minimum of five years experience in technical sales and channel sales
§ Fluid Handling and/or Process engineering certificate or equivalent work experience
§ Sales or sales related negotiation work experience
§ Distribution or channel management
Specific skills, knowledge, and/or licenses:
§ Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
§ Formal presentation skills
§ Strong negotiating skills
§ Proficient in Microsoft Office, and sales force automation programs
§ Frequent travel (60%)
§ Work independently and self-motivated
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled