IDEX Product Manager in Wallingford, Connecticut
Title: Product Manager
Business Unit: IH&S (Shared Services)
50 Barnes Park North
Wallingford, Connecticut, 06492
The main functional objectives of the Microfluidics & Consumables Product Manager (PM) are (1) product line ownership for sustained growth and profitability, (2) maintain alignment with market needs and company capabilities, (3) support sales by communicating with sales representatives, customers, partners and vendors on product, business and technical issues, (4) translate market/customer needs into product line requirements through sales quotes or development projects, (5) perform market, technology and competitive analyses, and (6) provide strategic and actionable recommendations to management regarding competitive position, growth concepts, market opportunities, new opportunities for within or adjacent to current industry targets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Responsible for growing the sales of products annually and developing strategic plans to do so.
2. Supports the sales organization with product solutions and training that are aligned to the customer andmarket needs for microfluidics.
3. Position and describe the products by their ability to solve market problems. Create positioning documents that will be used to develop external messages focused on product value to different buyers in the sales process.
4. Regularly communicates voice of the customer (VOC) information to the organization and works with various functional groups to ensure multisite programs are successful.
5. Create and deliver thoughtful information (webinars, whitepapers, marketing campaigns, etc.) to influence customers, buyers, sales representatives and industry outlets.
6. Provides regular updates to functional leaders relative to active programs and customer trends.
7. Establishes and maintains product pricing and associated quoting policies consistent with served markets.
8. Monitor and analyze key performance indicators to determine how well the assigned products are performing in their respective markets, how this impacts the company operations, and how it contributes to profit.
9. Identify markets and customers to target, how to filter and drive the sales team to bring in the right opportunities.
10. Understand why recent evaluators of the product did or did not buy, and what steps they took in thebuying process.
ESSENTIAL INTERPERSONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Demonstrate a high level of integrity, responsibility, accountability, strong interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to build consensus and manage a matrix cross-functional team.
Be open and versatile with regards to new ways of doing things fostering organizational, market, priority and personal change.
Willingly shift job priorities based upon customer needs with a strong sense of urgency anddrive for results.
Self-starter who finds a way to get the job done high energy level and persistent.
Analytical thinker who can consider problems and identify multiple solutions.
Comfortable operating in a complex matrix based organization.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to translate customer requirements into product requirements, considering the potential
for extensibility or reusability for other future customers.
Collect and analyze sales, market and product data in order to translate it into tactical and strategic plans.
Proactively communicate with domestic and international customers.
Excellent organizational, communication and planning skills.
Motivated by success and career growth.
Possess a unique blend of business, technical, analytical and market aptitude.
Passion to overcome obstacles and barriers to success.
Proactively support cross selling and development activities across IDEX Health & Science.
Promote and build the IDEX Health & Science company brand.
Requires a bachelor’s degree (advanced degree desirable) in a Technical discipline (Physical Science or Engineering)Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
5+ years of product management experience with OEM products or in-house product management for consumables within the IVD or Life Sciences markets.
Experience with Point Of Care or Genomics product development highly desirable.
Excellent communication, public speaking and presentation skills.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Able to lift 35 pounds to assist Marketing to set up trade show booths.
Ability to communicate by speech and hearing continuously, by phone, in person, and otherelectronic media.
Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
Must be willing to travel via plane/car/train as required.Able to travel internationally.
General office and field environment.
Must be able to travel approximately 30% of the time.Must be comfortable traveling in geographic locations where customs and cultures are unfamiliar.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled