IDEX District Sales Manager (Mid West) in Wooster, Ohio
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
This Regional Sales Manager position (Mid West) is responsible for the sale and support of Akron Brass, Hale products and service/support of dealer and end-user customers for all product lines. Position is responsible for expanding the content of Akron Brass, Hale products with existing customers as well as seeking out new sales opportunities. Also responsible for the utilization of the planning process to identify and target opportunities in the territory with the focus on maximizing revenue and profitability. The position works out of a home office.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
· Development and execution of territory business plan.
· Responsible for conducting sales activities in order to exceed sales plan (total sales as well as new product sales) on a monthly and quarterly basis. Monitor performance through the review of daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
· Development of distributor network through training, education, and joint sales calls. Evaluate distribution performance and recommend new accounts, realignment or termination of accounts in order to achieve company objectives.
· Uncover, develop, and co-manage new specification opportunities. Work closely with the OEM account sales team in order to drive specifications with end users affecting the overall Akron Brass results.
· Demonstrate effective territory and pipeline opportunity management with the Salesforce CRM tool.
· Handle Regional Trade shows and Distributor / OEM Open Houses within the territory.
· Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Must be able to travel 70% of the time.
• Must have a valid Driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Minimum of 3—5 years of sales experience
• 4-year degree in business, marketing, engineering, or fire services preferred.
• Related experience in the fire industry is an asset.
• Experience with customer management system.
• Knowledge of MS Office suite.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Business Unit: Akron Brass
Job Segment: FSD Fire & Safety/Diversified Products